Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 04:57 PM

Another warm AGF welcome, Whietie!

I have a 2000 914c, that is essentially the same guitar. I love it! It handles my attempts at fingerstyle nicely, yet doesn't balk when I want to strum. I don't hit it hard, just rhythmically, and it sounds fine to me. It's probably not the best for heavy strummers.

It's a beautiful instrument. I think it's the epitome of Taylor's classic elegance, without being too gawdy. I noticed that the seller said that it will appreciate because it's a discontinued model. That's not entirely true. Taylor still makes a 914, just a bit different. It may appreciate, but personally I wouldn't count on it. But then I buy guitars to play, not as investments.

Since one of our forum rules is no guitar price discussion, I can't comment on the asking price of that one. All I can really tell you is that I like mine, and have since it was new.

Don't feel bad, though, if you discover in your search that what you prefer is some other guitar. I got my 914 after starting out looking for a Martin HD-28. Two very different guitars, I know, but the Taylor suited me better. Still would like to have that HD, though!

Good luck, and keep us posted on your search.

cotten