Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
After much browsing and researching I have set my heart on a Taylor and nothng else, my heart tells me so, and its is my heart that I listen to.
You seem to be right on track and starting to play a bunch of guitars, that is exactly what I suggest. Do not follow your heart, follow your ears

As for question about whether one 9 series sounds like the next, the answer is NO. I've played many 9 series, most were pretty awesome, but some were seemingly duds, or at least didn't move me. Same thing with teh 8 series and I presume all series. Taylor is very consistent but nonetheless, all guitars have the potential to sound different from the next.

In my quest so far (and this is different from what some others on here have found), I haven't found a 914ce that I liked better than the 814ce I have. Maybe it's just cause I own the 814ce, but I try to be scientific in my listening. Or maybe i just haven't found the 914ce that really really moves me.

Experiment with all the different woods and body sizes and try and play them a few times, separated by some days/weeks. OFten you play a guitar and are immediately in love. a week later it's not the same. Or a week later you find something that moves you more Dont focus on price or just the upper line, focus on sound and feel. Soon enougn you'll hit the jackpot for what works for you.

Cheers
Joe Pass Emperor II
Peavey Classic 50 Amp