Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Hi Guys,

Just about recovered from the weekend and Im feeling confident that I can string a few words together.

I managed to get the the local Taylor dealor on Saturday and played some Taylors for the first time... and to be honest, I was not blown away with what they had to offer! I was disapointed that they only had 1 - 4 series.. I played a 314ce and a 414ce..

I think I would have felt more love for the guitars if the action and set up to what would have been more to my taste. Im not one for strumming endless chords and prefer to use my fingers...Yep, the sound was great when a chord was played but it didnt grab me by the balls and scream "buy me *****"...

They phoned the other stores to see if they could get a 612ce or a 9 series guitar there for me to play, but they only had a blue 612 that would take weeks to get there...not the best.

The sales guy was pretty cool and offered some good info, he was a huge taylor fan and was informative.. he had just come back from a London store and played them all and he said that if he had a choice he would have the 8 series over the 9....food for thought, seeing as I think I got my heart on a 9 series, for me, I got to fancy the guitar also, I want to look at it and go phwoorrr, If you know what I mean.

He also handed me a Martin to play, he said it was the closest to the top end taylors... and what a world of difference it was, very sweet sound... he had also set up the action on it, much better for me..low and fast!.. I cant remember what model it was though.. Im just glad I played it because it gave me confidence on the difference of quality and price from the lower series Taylors that I played.

I think I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to buy new, so I have been scouring the used guitars out there, and there are some great deals to be had. My heart fluttered when I saw this one on ebay.. #170310698152
I would be grateful to know your thoughts on it please?

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by Whitetie; 03-16-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling