Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Hello

Hi there,

Just thought I'd say hello and comment on the great resource and comminity that is this forum.

I stumbled here by chance really... My beloved Takamine finally closed her eyes 2 weekends ago due to my wife and her friend falling on it during a party...ahemm, she recalls nothing..

So, anyhoo, I started looking into a replacement and its led me on a wonderful journey of discovery into the higher end world of accoustic guitars...and I'm loving it.

After much browsing and researching I have set my heart on a Taylor and nothng else, my heart tells me so, and its is my heart that I listen to.

So this is my mission to find a guitar that will stay with me for life... I have already decided that being as this is one of the things that will stay with me forever, I can pretty much go for any of the Taylor range that I desire..within reason...or more bluntly, within my wifes reason.

My initial impressions thus far, is that I love the sexyness of the 612ce in Black, it oozes class and its uniqueness appeals to me.. but then the 914ce caught my eye... and WOW.. its stunning, those abalone touches....must stop drooling.. I feel that I will end with one of these in my life!

If you all could be so kind, there are a few questions that I would like to ask that I need a little more clarity on..

1. Buying new or second hand? .. is the allure of cheap prices on Ebay etc worth it? Is it that important to play it and hold it first?...is it worth risking importing from the states?.. I live in Oxford UK.

2. How long for you guys did it take for you to find "The one"? And what was the best method for finder her?

3. Is each guitar unique? will one 914 be the same as another?

I'm going to as local Taylor dealor tomorrow to try our a few models, one might just hit me between the eyes.. I'll let you know..

Sorry for the questions!

Heres a bit of background, I have been playing and singing for the last ten years I feel that I can play a bit...untill I see the likes Tommy Emmanuel etc to bring me back down to earth..., I love to play blues, rhythm, and lead mixed into one.. but I also want to go down the fingerpicking route too..

Am I allowed to give my myspace here?

Anyway, thank you for your time.

I look forward to being an active part of this great forum

Cheers

Matt