View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by existence View Post
Reminds me of the time I saw a used Guild on Craigslist. I drove over to the shop to try it out and the strings were dead. The guy offered to change them for me, so I said sure. I was ready to buy the guitar if I liked it. He did, and I wasn't too impressed. It was good, but didn't move me. When he realized I wasn't going to buy it I got the iciest most offended stare of all time. Horrible customer service that -- as if doing what you ought to have done anyways somehow obligated me to purchase, heh.
haha, yes, I can see how that would be awkward. Definitely easier to walk away from a GC, but I can understand the hesitation. You could approach them by saying "I'm not ready to buy one today, but I am serious about buying a guitar in the next month or so." Otherwise, you could order one to the store. Those tend to have newer strings, and then no one feels guilty or weird if you want to return it right then and there. Trying to get creative for you Have fun, and let us know which one you settle on!