View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM

I agree with Larry on the improvements to the current design. I have read a few comments about how being the current design of the CA guitar brings no thinking or worring about it going out of wack so no need to worry about adjustments. Here is what puzzles me-- HOW and I repeat HOW will installing a truss rod in a CARBON FIBER guitar make it any less reliable????? Basically adjust to YOUR preference and LEAVE IT ALONE FOR LIFE!!!!!! is that NOT what a carbon fiber guitar has for a major advantage. The truss rod will not make the guitar move around or unstable !!!! it WILL however make it so it can be adjusted to preference of the player. The way I see it it would be a WIN WIN situation.

maybe I am missing something here!

OH and BTW a truss rod would allow for string type or gauge change and even alternate tuning change. The current design when going from light to medium would ADD relief when that is NOT necessary!!!!! My current 816CE has the lowest action of any Taylor I have owned with 13s and if I had 12s or lighter on it I woulds have to raise the action or add releief to keep the string from buzzing. the larger gauge is stiffer it will not vibrate as much to get same tone.