View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Another vote for the Glider Capo as well. I've used one in church services for the past several years. As many who play in church can attest, capos are a MUST and it's very common to have to adjust on the fly. In my church we play up to 7 songs, with some being capo I, another being capo III and another at capo V and the Glider has done a fine job. I must admit that we've never played a song that requires a key change in the middle but I'm tempted to buy the only other guitarist in the band a Glider and suggest such a song.

Though I prefer the Shubb for quality and the Kyser for convenience no capo that you have to release to move is going to be fast IMO. As for the Glider pulling strings sharp, ANY capo is going to do that if you allow it to "bend" the strings. IME with the Glider, it sort of settles itself in if you roll it up and down the neck. Now as far as it pulling the strings sharp when you roll it over the nut and beyond (so that it's pulling down on the strings between the nut and the tuning machines) you really shouldn't roll it that far; just over the hump of the nut is sufficient.