View Single Post
Old 12-05-2001, 10:59 AM

Cool

I own more CE Taylors than C only and its not by choice. I think for some the big blender in the side is a neccessity and for me at times its a neccesary evil. If you think it doest hurt the value see what the differance in the price of a 914C Vs a 914CE goes for on ebay. I am one that truly beleives that a great acoustic should be just that ACOUSTIC but the fact remains that so many people have to plug in and so many electric players are going acoustic that this is what sells fast. In the end the guitar that remains valuable and timeless is the pure acoustic. Electronics come and go, technology gets better, first it was the Prefix, then the prefix blender, then the stereo blender and now Taylor is talking there own pickup(hope its not another case fiasco)so while all this changes a great pure acoustic just gets better. Im a beleiver that you can never get the sound from any amp no matter the price that comes from the soundhole on a great acoustic. While electronics are obsolete in two years a pure virgin high quality acoustic will always be great. My 2 cents, JW