View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
zeebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohara View Post
Why do no major artists, absolutely none (besides Lyle Lovett) play Collings or Santa Cruz? There's gotta be a reason for that???

Regarding acoustics... I'm watching a DVD of Neil Young playing some fabulous Martins... I have others with David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler, Emmylou Harris, Graham Nash, Joe Walsh, Chet Atkins and Jackson Browne playing Gibsons, JT playing an Olson, Mac McAnally, Steve Howe, David Crosby, Dan Fogelberg, Joni Mitchell and Stephen Stills playing Martins...

Why?
You know there was this guy who use to work in our mailroom....30 years and he never made it out....he use to always ask "why" about everything.
Just saying...kinda reminds me.
Go play one ...like it buy it. Dont like it dont buy it...dont worry what your favorite rock star is playing cause you cant play like them anyways.
Maybe those guys are like you...worry too much about what their peers will think when they read the label. Truth is when theyre plugged in, it doesnt matter too much. The electronics carry the weight. So might as well play a "label" geet.
My ears tell me the guitars made by the small guys are better in almost all models so that is all I need to know.

Last edited by zeebee; 07-31-2010 at 03:08 PM.