View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 06:15 PM

Default Should I buy this guitar, Martin D35?

At the risk of having someone beat me to it, I ask this question.

This is a 2011 described in excellent condition. I have been wanting a D35, though the one I loved wasn't this one. But I liked the size, the neck, the tone, the loudness. This is what they sent in answer to my inquiry:

- The action measurements at the 12th fret are 6/64ths on the bass side and 4/64ths on the treble side. Our repair tech and myself agree that the action is just about as perfect as it could be. The guitar really does play VERY well.

- The frets are seated very well. There is some extremely light wear on the frets in the first 3 frets, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 4 yr old guitar. This is definitely a lightly played Martin.

- Comes with a Martin hard shell case with a green interior.

They are asking for 1599. It's in another state so I won't be able to play it first. I could ask the seller how it sounds, but doubt the answer would be useful.
I think the price is good, the pictures look perfect. I don't care so much about the action, because that I know can be dealt with, though those numbers sound fine. Am I right in thinking with those measurements that the neck is probably fine? If the guitar doesn't have the exact sound I want, it shouldn't be hard to turn it over, providing it isn't a dog, but really, what's the chance of that?

What do you all think? Please give me opinions. And the sooner the better!
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422