View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 11:51 PM

Sounds like I need to check out the 214E then. I really prefer the 14 body. It feels a little better and I didn't notice any real degredation in sound.

Maybe it's because I've been playing my Electrics more lately (Strat, Tele and Les Paul) but I actually felt like the 110's neck was faster. I thought it was smaller and ideed it is (again, I'm new to Taylor's so I'm just learing all this stuff). The top is basically the Sitca Spuce (as many of the rest of them) but the body and back are ply (I think).

I think I got numb from switching between all the different models but I felt like the 110 had slightly lighter strings than the 314CE (may have just been me). I felt like a got a bit more buzz from the 110E.

Believe me, I tried raw finger picking, finger picks, Flat Picking, I even brought a capo to do both James Taylor stuff and old Beatles Capo'd stuff. I ran the gambit!

I'd have to say that my all around favorite was a 514CE Anniversary but . . . I can't say that I noticed a $2,000 difference!

I've been playing guitar for a good 36 years or so and used to play as a single Entertainer. And I can't hear or feel huge differences.

Now when it comes to playing unplugged and live . . . I took my Ibanez (I can't remember the model number but I think it ran me $350 bucks or so) and my Hummingbird to Mexico and we were playing some sit around the living room music. What I noticed is that the Ibanez had no power to it. My Hummingbird simply blew it (the whatever the other guys was playing) totally away. That's when I realized the difference between a nice guitar and a basic one.

Anyway, I need to check out the 214E but they don't even show it on their Web Site.

Eventhough I can afford it, I am basically a cheap SOB and I think I'm into quantity as opposed to quality? I can buy both the 110E (install my pickup) and get a 214E for the price of one of the others!

Anyway, still a little confused but working my way there!
Thanks again for reading and commenting. It helps!
Ovations
Strat
Regal RD75 Square-Neck Dobro
Telecaster Deluxe
Natural Ash Telecaster
Les Paul Studio
Gretch
Danelctro Barritone
Danelctro Double 6/12
Ibanez Bass
Roland VG-88
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410