View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 11:32 PM

Hi:
Again thanks for the good input.

Regarding the Roland stuff . . .
I use the special pickup (GK2A) which is technically a seperate pickup for each string. (I have one on one of my strats. Withthe Strat, I play the Roland VG-88 which very accurately emulates all sorts of guitars, opickups and amp set-ups. I mean it is really accurate! I can do a Rickenbacker 12 string that sounds EXACTLY like a Rickenbacker 12 String).

For my acoustic, I have a Super JV1080. I have lots of different sound cards in it, Orchestral II, Vocal, Country, World). With the Orchestral II, there is just about any Orchestral instrument there is on there (samples which can be triggered by the pickup). We're talking Violins of every type, Oboes, harps, you name it. The pickup is very quick. But what I really enjoy is putting on some strings while picking or strumming.

For instance, I do "Elonor Rigby" on that thing. I play the guitar but have the pickup set to drive a Quartet. I also have a sustain foot pedal. When you do the breakdown that starts with the E minor 7th, you hold down the sustain and the strings stay (while you can keep strumming your Em7), then you hit the 6th and hold the sustain again, and so on. Sounds like you've got the quartet behind you. I use is for a lot of songs (like the Beatles Something).

That's why I thought of getting the lower-end Taylor. I wouldnt' want to install the Roland pickup on a $3,000 Dollar Taylor!
Thanks,
Dave
Ovations
Strat
Regal RD75 Square-Neck Dobro
Telecaster Deluxe
Natural Ash Telecaster
Les Paul Studio
Gretch
Danelctro Barritone
Danelctro Double 6/12
Ibanez Bass