View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Got to play some today.

Hi Guys:
Thanks for the replies. What is an NT neck?

I just got back from Buffalo Bros. They have lots of Taylors (I almost forgot they were there!). (It's weird how many good acoustic places are here in this area - Taylor Guitars, Deering Banjos, Carvin, Buffalo Bros, and more).

Anyway, I actually played a bunch of guitars. After playing the really expensive ones, I grabbed a 110E. That thing sounded almost as good as the expensive ones. It seemed to to tune well (good intonation). Plus, we're talking between 1/2 or 1/3 the price! Money is an issue for sure (I can afford them - although my wife will have a fit!). I almost walked out the door with the 110E.

I even got to plug in both the 110 and the 314CE. I gotta tell ya, I'm not sure if I don't like the old Blender deal a little better. It seems a little more versatile.

The only thing that I'm a little worried about is that the intonation was not quite as good as on the other models (maybe just the model that I grabbed). But that's why I want to know if there is any construction differences (like that neck deal). Again, my main thing is that I want a guitar the tunes well for all the chords (even when capo'd) and will stay that way. My electrics have the nice little adjustable bridge. Acoustics don't.

Again, I'm a pretty good guitar player but not very tech-ey when it comes to the little construction details and such.
Thanks again,
Dave
I like the warranty idea. I know that you don't talk pricing here but Buffalo seemed pretty fair on the pricing.
Ovations
Strat
Regal RD75 Square-Neck Dobro
Telecaster Deluxe
Natural Ash Telecaster
Les Paul Studio
Gretch
Danelctro Barritone
Danelctro Double 6/12
Ibanez Bass
Roland VG-88
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410