View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Are 100/200 Series Any good?

Hi Guys:
I had posted another thread - "Which Taylor to get." I had decided on a Taylor based mainly on Intonation. As I mentioned in that thread, having a guitar that tunes perfect is key to me. Playing an out of tune chord is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I guess I need to go and play a bunch of them but . . .

When I first picked one up, I had no clue about the different models, woods and such. I just noted that it sounded **** good! (As I also mentioned, I have a '73 Gibson Hummingbird). Also, I actually installed a Roland GK2A onto one of my Ovations. This runs through a GI10 that converts to MIDI and triggers my Super JV1080 - Orchestral II card (I have all the cards in that thing). You can't believe how seet the sound is while playing some nice picking and having some sweet strings come through at the same time. I wouldn't want to mess up a nice Taylor by putting that pickup on it.

1. Are they basically built the same as the more expensive models?
2. Is the intonation consistent throughout the line?
3. I've heard that the lower end line doesn't quite have the full sound of the higher-end models. Will I be dissapointed comparing to the sound of my Hummingbird?
4. I play plugged in a lot. How is the Fishman set-up that they have in the cheaper models?

Any input is appreciated. Incidently, I am REALLY stoked that I found this site. This is the best thing I've run into on the web in awhile! Good people here!
Ovations
Strat
Regal RD75 Square-Neck Dobro
Telecaster Deluxe
Natural Ash Telecaster
Les Paul Studio
Gretch
Danelctro Barritone
Danelctro Double 6/12
Ibanez Bass
Roland VG-88
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410