View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:57 AM

Thank you all for the responses and the welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratokatsu View Post
Maybe a set of medium strings like the GHS Vintage Bronze would help you get a more mellow tone.
I tried many brands and guages (all phosphor bronze though) but not the GHS Vintage Bronze, thanks for the recommendation I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic Rick View Post
Check out an Alverez. I recently brought one home because I fell in love with the tone. Great price too but I ended up taking it back to the store because the neck was a bit small for my big hands and it hurt my wrist to play it for extended periods. Not for that I would have kept her.
I just searched Youtube and found many demo videos for Alvarez guitars, watched some and I fell in love with the tone. They're much cheaper than my Taylor but (to me) sound much better and richer than the Taylor 110. I'm definitely considering an Alvarez as a possible next purchase. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhyer View Post
The Seagull S-6 Slim, as I recall, has a very nice feel.
THANK YOU! That is the Seagull model I was talking about I'm adding it to my list of guitars for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongwriterFan View Post
Definitely try some Phosphor/Bronze (PB) strings first, to make sure that doesn't fix the problem for you.
I tried many kinds including Martin SP Phosphor Bronze (which is what I use now) but will have to try stratokatsu's suggestion to see if it helps. If you have any strings suggestions I would appreciate it