View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
Thanks Scrub73. Yours is beautiful and your description has got me dying to try these guitars. To me, wood IS bling. What info did you get about the bracing differences in terms of their effects on sound (modified X versus asymetrical bracing and different woods used for bracing)?
I can only tell you what I was told by Tim Luranc at R. Taylor.. He likes the assymetrical bracing as he feels it delivers more "punch".. He also likes the radius top for the same reason, but my research has led me to believe that over time, a flat top will in time often come out to sound better than a radiused one.. this is my opinion from what I have learned, no flames please!
As far as what wood for the bracings, they would normally use sitka as would most builders, but they have started using the Adirondak as an option. He said that Bob Taylor felt that the Adirondak bracing made a difference in the sound. Mine was the first one built with FULL adirondak bracing, not just on the inside top. Tim said it just really seemed to make a difference, that it was LOUD, he loved the way it really picked up even on a light attack.. So the whole team seemed to love the result. The dealer I bought it through(Wildwood in Denver) had to inspect and play it when they received it and Steve Mesplay (the owner) said they will likely be ordering more with the Adirondak bracing now as he loved the sound of mine. In fact, he said it was the best sounding R. Taylor they had ever had through their shop (that made me feel pretty good!)..