View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Cannot really help, as I've never tried a magnetic pickup in a Rainsong. My WS-1000 came with a factory installed Fishman blender on board (still my best sounding stage rig when set to about 30% microphone). The PMJ-1000 has no electronics.

My prior experiences with adding temporary mag pickups in the sound hole were a Bill Lawrence pickup with spring tension holding it in place, and a Seymour Duncan Woody. But once my Taylor 414ce and the Rainsong came home in 2001, I then always had workable stage ready on-board electronics, so stopped experimenting with magnetic pickups. Friends have had tonal and functional success with the Fishman magnetic pickup, and especially the Sunrise -- a nice but pricey pickup.

Consider using an end pin jack, and an internal plug to easily remove the sound hole pickup, if that is desired. Fishing loose wires out through the sound hole and securing them using gaffer tape is NOT an elegant solution. FWIW we will likely be in Phoenix again during mid-July (yikes!) and I can bring the Lawrence pickup with me at that time. It hasn't been out of the box in years.