View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 11:35 PM

About two years ago I developed tendonitis(aka tennis elbow)in not one but both arms after a minor (I thought) change in my computer set up. After some consultation with "Dr Google" I read about a physical therapy technique called the Tyler Twist, after the PT who developed it. You can read about it here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...56D7G520090714. You do it with a Flexbar made by Theraband that you can order from Amazon. As I recall, I think it was about $15. You are warned that the exercise may increase the soreness somewhat at first, but in my case, it wasn't bad. Within 3 weeks I noticed a big improvement and I'd say it was gone in a couple of months. If you google "Tyler Twist" you will find a lot of additional information, including you tube videos of how to perform the exercise. It has been written up in physical therapy journals. It worked so well for me that I wound up never going to the doctor and getting a referral for PT. I didn't totally stop doing everything that hurt, either. Although the area does need rest, I didn't find that I had to totally rest it. In my case, playing guitar didn't cause near as much pain as shooting with my DSLR,, which is a fairly heavy camera. I had a big photo trip coming up and didn't want to suffer the whole time, and by the time I took the trip, it had improved greatly. Hope this works as well for you!

2015 Taylor 512ce 12 fret
early 80's Ovation Ultra 1517
2011 Seagull Entourage Rustic
2011 Taylor Limited NS214ce
2010 Taylor 512c
2016 Ibanez AG75
2014 Taylor GS Mini Koa e
2018 Loar LH 301t
1998 Breedlove Fall Limited # 10 of 20 Redwood/Walnut