View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarolan View Post
It is possible to overthink these things. Just go ahead and experiment, taking sensible precautions as I mentioned earlier.

To be honest I doubt you'll find one string set suitable for Terz and standard pitches, but you never know. The Terz tuning and tension will be the crucial factor as you can't go too heavy on the string gauge there. Tuning down to standard is likely to feel floppy, but you'll never really know until you try.

Good luck.

And thanks again to all for kind comments on the video. Newtone have put it on their Facebook page too!

Keith
You're right in saying that it's over-ambitious to find a set of strings that can serve both purposes which are quite different. It would be great to have the gs mini do both though (with different strings of course). I'll try the newtones and go from there. Thanks!

Phil, thanks for the tip on the string tension calculator. I've been using that to see if I can get in the same ballpark tension wise and it appears to be quite possible (though Keith has already proven that).