View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin'sTower View Post
Difference is, he would be losing money if you did that.

The artists whose songs were covered at this restaurant, on the other hand, would likely not see a dime whether this fee was paid to BMI or not.
That is an answer that has not been researched for factual accuracy. So ASCAP and BMI and SESAC charge fees and do what . . . buy blow and BMW's with the cash? You don't know or you wouldn't make such statements, and this is a serious issue - get your facts straight when trying to suggest thievery instead of royalty collection.

Songwriters should or should not be paid for their work, yes or no? If no, than neither should you, or Tobias Music, or Arnie's Sandwich Shack, or Verizon. How about we tap into a phone line and make free calls around the world - Woo Hoo - no one knows, no one gets hurt, everybody happy - except for Verizon. My example to Tobias is the same thing as not paying for music - it's called theft.

Some folks don't seem to mind songwriters being stolen from, as it appears to them that it's not real - you can bet your life that these folks aren't songwriters. However, bring it home to your income earning device, and it's always different.

Roll away the dew from your eyes, Franklin - next theft might be something of yours.

Pretty strange for me to see that on an acoustic guitar players site, there are so many who are actively embracing stealingl from songwriters and artists . . . . . maybe I should move to a more professional site, because in a land of no ears, yelling makes no difference.

Last edited by Landru; 08-19-2013 at 02:56 PM.