View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

Buzz in a quality instrument is never remedied by buying a new instrument. Any well-made, newer acoustic should be able to be set up without buzz. If this isn't a string change but an actual set-up, the tech needs to know that you tune down and needs to be told you want less buzzing. I also tune down and guitars that are fine for other players will buzz for me so I often make new nuts. When the nut (action) is higher you will get less buzz. You may need to play the guitar for your tech to show them how hard you are playing as the threshold for buzzes will vary from person to person.

They will need to install a new nut or at least a shim. If the action is clean save for certain trouble spots, the frets might need to be address. But, this is less likely.
It's also possible that the truss rod may need adjusting, which is something the tech should look at. If you are needing more than what a Guitar Center tech can offer, look for a repair shop. Some guys at GC are actually reasonably skilled, some are just filling in the role.