View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuman View Post
If I ask first, I get a lot of moaning and "Really? REALLY?" But the last time I asked she said "Yes."

If I don't ask, she says nothing. Literally. For like a week I get the silent treatment. Then the lecture about "One in/one out," and "You need to grow up." And, "This stuff is ridiculous." Etc.

She must be justified, right? I own five stringed instruments. One is practically worthless. Two are almost priceless in terms of sentimental value. SO I really have two instruments that I can buy or sell. We've been poor but are way past that now. Guitar is my only hobby.

My wife has so many wonderful qualities. This is one of the few sore spots in our long relationship together. She doesn't get the music thing at all, doesn't want me to spend time on it, doesn't want to hear me play when she's home, doesn't want to come home and find out that I've been playing vs. doing something "productive," doesn't want me playing with other people. She had our kids convinced that I was going to be murdered because I got into a jam group via Craigslist.
That sounds rough. I love music and playing way too much to have that big of a rift with my wife about it. Good luck in finding your way with her. I hope she can eventually see what it means to you and learn to be ok with it.