Thread: 100?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 12:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THart View Post
Thanks for that Sam, good info. Yeah, I like it a lot but then I'm partial to small guitars being an older couch player. It definitely has that old Gibson sound and the price was right. I've been curious about how original, or not, it is but I bought it because it has a sound and feel I like. Not sure what you mean when you say deep, the body depth? 3 1/4" seems pretty standard. I have a parlor that's about the same. Now my Weber at 4", that seems deep. But I'm pretty adaptable, I don't think I'm a good enough player to be bothered little variations. A guitar like the L-2 might not be a good fit for everybody but I sure do like it.
I took the liberty of posting a link to your posting over on Facebook via the Vintage Gibson Flattop Guitars group, despite it being an archtop. There are a bunch of very informed members there, and one even has the same guitar, and posted pictures.

I don't know if you are on FB, but if so, here's a link to the thread I started, and if you have to join the group it would be worthwhile.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3480...=group_comment

Best,
Howard Emerson