View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Okay, I officially freaked out after reading so many threads about the binding issue and called Martin a few months back to ask their customer service team what to expect as an original owner of a '23 Custom 000-18 should I see binding separation?

The response from customer service was both encouraging and relieving. Keep in mind, I am the original owner. CS told me if I experience any issues, call 'em up, and it will get taken care of on their dime. The person whom I spoke with acknowledged the issue and came across to me as supportive in terms of standing behind the Martin brand. I have no idea what will happen to mine. Only time will tell.

Having a guitar with a problem sucks! It can drive one insane. I owned a '97 Santa Cruz H that took a bi-monthly trip to the authorized repair shop to keep it going and it was in excellent condition when purchased. After 6 months, problems became chronic. I traded it for an Ovation Elite and gigged it for 3 years with not a one issue.

My point is this, the disappointment, anguish, and frustration of owning a guitar that is not right is real! The issue grows at it gets into the psyche and pretty much causes madness for many of us.

Last edited by waterlooz; 04-26-2024 at 10:00 AM. Reason: missing word