View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stream View Post
With those cosmetic issues I would probably avoid it, especially with it being 12 years old. I recently bought a 2005 414ce for about $125 less. I'd keep shopping if I were you. Unless, of course, playing before buying is a necessity.

Edit: With that said, somewhere slightly below the asking price is probably accurate "private party" value for a guitar with those cosmetics. I just happened to get a great deal on a no-issues one. You probably won't find one that cheap unless you get really lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthurman View Post
Cosmetics, Coschmetics. If it sounds and plays great, the cosmetics can be fixed at your convenience (and your cost). I sent a 1999 514CE to Pat DiBurro for a neck and body refinish, and it was very close to like new (he has the same UV finish that Taylor uses as he offers warranty service). By close, I mean that without the aging/darkening of the cedar top you never would know.
I'm not too worried about cosmetics as I can fix it later. I'm a music minister, so it's in my budget at this time, it's likely an upgrade from what I play now, so I'll at least give it a play if they return my email.