View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 AM

Default Chinese made guitars

Okay I have to say this: The Asian guitar making revolution has been very, very good to us. I'm sorry, it's true. I just played some Blueridge's and some Recording King's last night and was blown away by the quality of these instruments and the incredible price. Not to mention I just picked up a little winner by Yamaha for an amazing price on a SOLID WOOD Sitka Spruce/Mahog guitar (and there's even a little bit of bear claw in the top - and the Mahog is gorgeous) that was made in China.

Look I wish these guitars were made here in the States. It makes me sad they're not. I know "we" could do just as good a job (hell we could do it better - not to get xenophobic but we're the greatest workers in the world here in the US) but things aren't happening for us. Having said that I'm very happy with what China is producing. These are great guitars at an amazing price. In the end, as a player, I guess that's all I really care about.

PS yes I've lost jobs to outsourcing. I'm a software engineer, India has taken several jobs from me. I know it's rough. I don't complain, I just work hard when I get the opportunity.