View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 11:10 AM

Default Rainsong Buzzing

Hey Everyone,

So I recently purchased a Rainsong Concert Series (CO-WS1100N2) and I'm having a problem with isolating a buzzing noise coming from the bridge area. I have several weird observations that I will mention in the hopes that it will help someone figure out the problem.

1. The buzz happens most often with the E, A, D, G strings. I don't think I've ever heard it from the B or high E string.

2. The buzz seems to be most prominent when holding the guitar in a normal playing position. If you flip the guitar on its back and pluck the string, the buzz goes away or is majorly diminished (likewise if you stand the guitar upright the buzz disappears).

3. I'm positive the buzz is coming from somewhere inside the body of the guitar and is not from the frets.

I got so annoyed with the problem last night that I took off every string but the low E string and stuck my hand in the sound hole while plucking the string. I even felt the ball of the string while plucking the note to ensure that the string was seated properly against the underside of the bridge. I'm totally confused as to what is causing the buzz. I felt around inside the guitar for a good 30 minutes trying to find a lose piece of carbon fiber or something but I was unable to. Does anyone have any ideas? This has happened with several different brand of strings. I'm sure it isn't the saddle as I've held it with my fingers while plucking the string and that hasn't helped. I've e-mailed Rainsong but have yet to hear a response from them.

Does anyone know if the bridge on a Rainsong is hollow? I'm starting to wonder if something is trapped under the bridge.