View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Larry, obviously your are passionate, about the subject which is great. I have to state that I hope you dont think I was mocking your concerns because I wasnt. However is there such a thing as a proper set up. If people have different styles of playng, as well as differences in how they play there guitar. I bought my CA Bluegrass Performer at Elderly Instruments. I picked it up the day they got it in and watched as they checked it over. According to the staff there they felt the guitar's action, etc was about perfect. At the time The Bluegrass Performer also came with an extra sadle- a little higher. I had other individuzals check it out at various clinic etc and they were impressed with it. I have done the same with my OX and it has been the same. Of course there may be other players who may want it a little different. I have seen one gentleman online who likes to play slack key on his OX. I guess in the end it may come down to having your guitar set up by a professional to each persons standards. Can the CA's be improved Im sure they can. Of course an improvement to some may also not be an improvement to others. A trussrod may be great in some cases but to some players like myself we are happy without them. I have not had any noticeable changes in the necks of either of my guitars. But in any case I wish you luck in finding the guitar that is perfect for you. In my case as of now, my CA OX is the perfect guitar for me. I look forward to trying the Cargo in the future.