View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygits View Post
<<< The scathing post from an ex-CA employee (which many of us have read) by someone over on the Carbon Forum had a lot to say about things, and I wonder if this was "Jaygits" who has been posting here? It was a pretty defamatory post, and it was deleted by the owner of the forum pretty quickly. It didn't seem like the same person, but perhaps some light can be shed on this here...? >>>

I know nothing of this post you mention on the CF Forum. I have never posted on Mike's forum, but I trust his judgment. I believe in Mike and his business - that's why I opened him as a CA dealer.

Furthermore, as a person who dedicated his heart and soul into the efforts on behalf of CA, I would never post anything scathing or defamatory against that company. I'm surprised that you would suggest that Larry, but then again you don't know me other than a few posts here.

Thanks,

Jay

Wasn't suggesting, just wondering who made that Carbon-Forum post...and now you've cleared that up. It wasn't you.

Thank you.

EDIT: I just now received an email from Mike Stone (owner of the CF forum) stating that it was not you, Jay, and Mike's exact words about you were, "I know Jay and he is a great guy and very professional."

Okay, glad that this is cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Well, I always do jump in on discussions about carbon fiber guitars, and especially CA guitars. However, in this case, I have read references to this particular post, but never saw it (and don't really care to). All I can say is that I think it has more impact than it might have if it were left for all to see. I think MacNichol is doing a wonderful thing with the forum, the road trips, and in general supporting the whole carbon fiber thing in unique and innovative ways, so I am sure Michael had his reasons for removing it.

When I was a kid in Junior High, my older brother bought a Rolling Stones album that had just come out, called "Between The Buttons". It had a song on it called "Let's Spend the Night Together". It really was kind of a dumb tune that we would all have ignored, since it wasn't why people were buying the album anyway. But my Dad made a big deal out of the tune in the "name of decency". He whipped out his pocket knife, held up the album, and scratched up just that one track so we couldn't play it. Now, we HAD to hear that tune, so we went over to friends' houses to listen to it, which in turn generated their interest in it - the opposite effect that my Dad intended.

On the CF forum, people have posted and asked if anybody can PM them the removed post. It reminds me of my brother's Stones album.

Tony

I agree..if it had been left up it would have been dismissed (I think) as mostly a disgruntled employee...although some interesting conclusions can in fact be drawn from the post.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner