View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 AM

I have to agree with above, I have just started this year to take advantage of the MacNickel Road trips. Have seen an Emerald X10 and a Rainsong Jm1000. I am signed up for the Blackbird OM next month. This is the only way I would ever be able to try these carbons and I very much appreciate that opportunity for the $ outlaid. Given lack of availability in our area and the ability to have a guitar for a week instead of sitting in a store, it is awesome. I really think that most reviews have been very positive and are a plus for the carbon industry, which faces a tuff time getting guitars in peoples hands to try. The tuffness of carbon really allows these kinds of travels. I think the store builds loyalty from this and they should, I consider it almost a priviledge to get my hands on these guitars. As for set-up, MacNickel is right on, and are doing what they should be doing. I had bought a CA previously from another dealer, and it came in set up very well from the factory. I did take it to my tech locally and he lowered two strings at the nut just slightly and I sanded the bridge down myself just a tad. These setups may have been more necessary at times with CA, but fine tuning is a good thing for any new guitar for the factory.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom