View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
To answer your question, yes, I took a straight edge and ruler to both the Cargos I owned, immediately upon receipt...however, I don't *need* to do this when examining a guitar in-hand/in-person to understand what is going on with the geometry of a guitar. Visually (by eye) examining the set-up (well, I would always take an accurate metal ruler to get the precise set-up numbers), the top, bridge & saddle, sighting down the neck, etc., all give the information necessary to understand what is happening...
Really I wasn't trying to shift the focus to you. You've said all along that you believe there is a neck angle issue. People are taking your word as gospel. I've said all along that the neck angle seems fine to me, but the bridge is a bit tall, and that does limit how low you can go on the saddle.

I'm just trying to understand where the flaw is -- bridge height or neck angle.

Obviously, the straight edge across the top of the fretboard test could fail for a tall bridge, right?

So I also measured the string height from the top -- about 1/2".

And I measured the angle of the neck by placing a straight edge on the soundboard top and comparing to where it hit the nut.

Honsestly, I do not see a neck angle problem on any of my CA guitars.

gits: good and plenty
chops: snickers