Thread: Flamenco?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
Have you tried Guitar Solo in SF, or Fine Fretted String Instruments a little further south?
I had too many questions for the Guitar Solo guy. I've been in there before and he always seems uninterested in talking even if you're the only person in there. Perpetually grumpy or I don't look fancy enough, ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastStrings View Post
Drive southeast to The Berkeley Music Exchange and check out their flamenco guitars from Paracho, Mexico. They're also a Cordoba dealer so you can compare them. They supposedly carry Cordoba to highlight how much better the Paracho guitars are.

Also, Eric Schoenberg had one old flamenco guitar when I last visited him. Even if it's not what you're looking for, his shop is always a delight to visit.
I'll check out Berkeley.
Schoenberg only has two and they're both built in CA, feels weird to have a non-latino builder but that's me being a snobby outsider, ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck7 View Post
I know it’s not close, but GSI in Santa Monica is a great place to deal with…Patrick is my go to guy…they also will let you trade the guitar you purchased for another one within a year (I think), at 75%, which makes for a no hassle good exchange for a different guitar, which I have done. Very happy with them…they ship quick too!
I sent them an email but I think it was too close to closing time on Friday. Hopefully I'll hear back Monday. They have some great videos at least!
Lowden S-50W