View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie-f View Post
Arnold, I'm pretty sure Santa Cruz was hit with even harder rain than last winter, hopefully the shop wasn't flooded again, however I think the weather may taken a toll on their ability to correspond.

Will is their customer service contact, they run very busy, but as others said calling may be best.

After initially jawboning the concept of a custom with folks at TME.. process started in 2022 .., I did all my config talking directly with Carolyn at SCGC (Will is her replacement, and is every bit as wonderful). TME is just a few miles trip for me, and they were great about keeping me informed on schedule of incoming builds that were close to what I was thinking **the guitar I received was exactly in line with my expectations, aside that mine was better ;-).

I had a custom inlay for the headstock, they made up the exact design from artwork I sent, by this time TME was involved, however 90% of the communication was direct with SCGC, except TME was Cc'ed on the emails, and of course the formal quote came from TME.

I finalized my decision in April 2023 (that winter had been a worse than usual depression, and didn't want to make a big decision until I was doing better. The suggested build time was 9-10 months, they completed her in 8. I didn't ask for a lot of updates, however did visit the shop in August .. the body was complete, neck nearly so.

I can't say enough good things about the shop or.the build process and communication.
Ah I didn't think about the flood. There was a flood in santa cruz downtown when my 1929-00 was in service, but at that time it seemed shop was not affected. But yes there has been couple heavy rain since then. (I live about an hour north of Santa Cruz).

In fact I was communicating with Will until Jan when I was getting responses before they went quiet. I even bug them once on facebook recently and told Tim is sales director and they will redirect my emails sent out to Will to Tim. I guess I would have to wait until dust settles over there.

Arnold