View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:02 AM

Lot's of "Tree" info around. I have some photos and a pretty decent PDF of the 1985 Fine Woodworking Magazine. I also have about 40 copies of that printing. If any one want a copy IM or email me. Here is a link to it I found as well. I'll share anything I have or know about The Tree...well not wood.

http://www.mermerguitars.com/documen...edMahogany.pdf

It's rare, getting more so. I saw a few boards a few weeks back that a guy wanted to sell. $1350 a board foot, I couldn't afford that even with his discount it went up $500 a board foot this year alone and people are buying them. I just wanted some side material to match back sets I have. So it's getting to be the same price as premium Brazilian Rosewood but when it's gone it's really gone.

It's a great tone wood and leans towards rosewood because of it's density. It's hard to bend! Jayson Bowerman pours boiling water on it before he tries to bend it. It sounds as good as it looks! I hope to have one built with an LS top. I have both in my stash of woods.

In a board form it looks like this...which is in a crate in my garage, it's 13 1/2 feet by 39 inches. I owe a few sets to Harvey! Yeah Harvey Leach loves the stuff as many of us do. (Sorry if this is redundant as I posted the photo in Harvey's thread as well. ) It's really hard to commit to cutting this thing up!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by BBWW; 01-08-2012 at 02:49 AM.