View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:27 AM
JustAcoustic

Default omjm or ooo28ec make sure you pick the right one

I would like to share my experience I had when first got the omjm and then part x it for the ooo28ec . First of all before I got the omjm I looked at a lot of reviews and thought this ticked all the boxes and before I bought it I played it for a good while how wrong was I, as I play a lot finger style but like to flat pick and basic strumming the way it was reviewed looked good the flat pick and strumming not bad but the finger style no, and the main problem was the nut width and the string space 1. 11/16th at the nut 2 1/8 string space was just a bit tight for me when I first played it seemed ok but as time went on and some of the stuff I was trying I found I was catching and buzzing some of the none fretted strings and the right hand was quite clumbersome. So I bit the bullet and moved it on and went for the ooo28ec which for me ticks most of the boxes with 1 3/4 nut and 2 1/4 string space it wins hands up for finger style. As the omjm was pre-owned when I bought it I got most of my money back with a good deal on the ooo28ec. These are both great martin guitars but for me for the price of the omjm does not bring a lot to the table . I would like to know if anybody else has gone through this experience .

Last edited by JustAcoustic; 02-02-2017 at 04:07 AM. Reason: change 11/16 to 1 ,11/16