View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 04:26 PM

That's not a crystal ball in that picture! That's a round light. C'ain't get nuthin' from a round light 'cept...light. And, I've been waiting for an opportunity to put this out there since I cannot for the life of me find the original post, but someone, and I think it was either Alan Carruth, Howard Klepper or Charles Tauber once mentioned something, within the last year I believe, about just hanging a guitar on the wall or leaving it out in a room if one wanted to maybe get some more out of it tone wise (and I'm not sure that was the original point so if someone can link me to the post I'd appreciate it) so about four months ago, totally realizing the risk at about 25% average humidity, I decided to do just that to my 2006 J-50 to see what would happen. And even though the ears aren't that great at remembering sound I think this guitar is changing some towards a more mature, complex tone especially in the bass response. And no cracks yet for those that think it would or should. The finish is beginning to craze a bit and I'm wondering if the finish is finally starting to really cure out and that is contributing. I do play it more too since it's really handy to have one guitar that isn't in a case. Don't mean to hijack the thread but guitars do change with time in my experience.