View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:40 AM

While it is almost impossible to not interject politics in a topic like this, all of the major "American" manufacturers build some of their guitars in other countries. The world of global business and consumer price-points. I prefer socially responsible countries to give my hard dollars to. The Chinese are not there yet. I have tried a few of their guitars, and the quality is not quite at the level of the higher priced instruments and they sell bling in place of fair trade and living wages. Let's be honest, if all the similar guitars were lined up and at the same price point I don't see anyone picking a Chinese made guitar over Martin, Taylor, Gibson etc...Price-point is king, that's their ace in the hole. The time will come when the Chinese economy will overcome their country's politics and demand fair trade and a living wage, then look out because their quality is way ahead of their contemporaries at this stage of the game.
Ovation Ultra