View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
I think this is a case of U shape justification? Not even Rainsong called the N1 a U shape when they had both profiles, I think they called it a C. Describing the X20 as a U type, it's a C to all that don't sell Rainsongs. Lol. Personally I think the standard Emerald Neck on my 6 side of my doubleneck is fine. A "normal" C which isn't a bad thing. Ironically the one company that will do custom necks and I would not bother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Agree. Either neck on the Chimaera felt fine to me. I had no trouble at all switching between my Rainsong, Blackbird, Taylor's or the Chimaera. When I recently ordered my X20-12, I opted for shorter scale and twenty frets instead of 24, but made no mods to the neck profile or nut width.
Ditto for me too. My experience is primarily with Taylor, Composite Acoustics and Emerald (6/12 Chimaera). Luckily for me, I go between them without problem. To me, the Taylor neck sits in the middle of the CA and Emerald with the CA having just a little flatter back of neck and the Emerald having just a little rounder back of neck. I like all three. Although I think it's great that Emerald offers such a wide range of customizations, I like their standard neck shape just fine and wouldn't pay more to have it modified.