View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 PM

I recently had the opportunity (thanks to Kramster) to test-play quite a few different CF guitars, one right after the other in a single sitting!

Included, if I can remember them all correctly, were Emerald X7, X10, X20, & Amicus; RainSong CH-WS1000, CH-OM1000, & CH-Parlor; CA OXE & Cargo, Blackbird Savoy, McPherson Touring, Journey OF660, and perhaps a few others that I don't even remember.

Each of them had a unique feel and sound.

OF THEM ALL... the RainSong CH-OM won me over! Pretty much from the get-go. It just had the best overall combination of rich, balanced tonal range, easy playability, and comfortable size. What more can you ask for? (Price, perhaps???)

So much so, that I just put my money where my mouth was/is, paid the bill, and Ted (LA Guitar Sales) has shipped a RainSong CH-OM1100NS (what was previously called the "Shorty') to me, arriving on Thursday! 12-fret, short scale. (My second guitar purchased from Ted & Helene. The other being an exquisite Eastman E10-OOM all solid, flame mahogany. Also a 12-fret, short-scale.)

Not only was I won over by the full and well-balanced tone, the easy-playability, and the comfortable body size of the CH-OM... but all that coming at a price that beats nearly every other CF guitar out there? And that considerably, compared to many of them?

How does all that come together so magnificently? I don't know. But I'm not complaining about it!

Last edited by DHart; 08-15-2017 at 11:05 PM.