View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaan View Post
I haven't ordered yet, I'm still hashing it out. I'm weighing if I can just live with the standard one. I have big hands with the start of some arthritis, and I'm finding thin necks don't work for me. But from what I'm seeing in my research, the X20 necks may have enough "meat" to them.
I purchased an x20 that was built in March of this year so I can comment on it when folks call me, and the neck is very close to the discontinued Rainsong N1 shape, which is still a U shape, and a bit fuller than the US made Taylors, or the Martin modified low oval shape. If you can find a Rainsong with the N1 neck, than that will give you a fair idea what to expect from the x20. Me, I sold my Rainsong OM1000 with the N1 neck once I got used to the slightly fuller N2 neck. Although I have medium size hands, the N2 shape was more comfortable for longer periods. I can't tell you why this fuller neck feels better for me, but it does.

If you are near LA, or AZ, you can visit me, or Kramster and try an x20, as well as most everything else.