View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Tony, Chris is correct, there are no coated John Pearse strings, and no plans to introduce any that I'm aware of. This doesn't mean that there never will be, just that it hasn't been mentioned to me.

John Pearse himself absolutely loathed coated strings: if I wanted to set him off on a tirade during one of our long distance phone conversations, all I had to do was mention coated strings. I'd have to make sure I was comfortable first, though, because he'd be at it a while....

But John passed away three years ago this October, so his former wife and business partner Mary Faith Rhoads necessarily makes those sorts of business decisions without John's input these days.

So who knows what the future holds? But I can tell you there are no coated John Pearse strings either in production or on the immediate horizon. Not that I'm aware of.

whm
wade what do you suggest for brazilian rosewood - i like the briteness and trebbly sound but seem to be missing something in the bass ( wish the bass notes were basier - like in a PB) -but i love the clear brite sound 80/20 give me - typically i use lights -

80/20's or PB lights to start ? ....... wish their was a set of 80/20' but with a PB - 5 and 6 string --- is their such a thing ?

-