View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyOK View Post
Which tone do you prefer between the CO-WS1000 14 fret and the CH-WS1000 12 fret?
Both are unidirectional tops... Any noticeable difference between the two in tone, volume, sustain, responsiveness etc?
Hi Randy,

As stated in my email, the hybrid back and sides provide a mellower tone, while the all carbon construction will give you a bit more power. The difference between short and long scale, and the bridge placement of the 12-fret NS models add to this even more.

More to it than that of course, but that's about it in a nutshell.

Rainsong offers so many options now that it can get confusing, but certainly no more confusing than say choosing the right Taylor. For instance, if you prefer more mid range, go with all Hybrid, if you want more clarity and volume, stick with the standard weave CF. Add a 12-Fret NS short scale neck and you will mellow the tone of any model. As with Taylor, the signature Rainsong voice is there in all the guitars, but the options let you tweak the tone quite a bit.

As for preference between the two, for me it's like choosing between guitars featuring different tone woods, and different body sizes. If forced to choose one wood guitar, a full size Rosewood/Cedar like my Taylor 714ce or Lowden 025 would work for most of what I do, so I would probably choose the CO-WS1000N2, which is probably the most versatile CF acoustic you can buy today.