View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
I watched the video a few days ago and what he says seems fairly accurate from what I am seeing locally here in the SF Bay Area. CL listings are hanging around for months sometimes and it is obvious that some sellers haven't got a clue as to what the market is. Fender can churn out a gazillion Strats and Telecasters all they want but there is only so much the market can handle. As far as amps, the trend to small amps has been going on for a very long time. Who the heck needs a 50 watt head and 4x12 cab in their bedroom?

My rule of thumb for used MINT condition guitars is 60% max of street price and I'll usually try and get it for 50% or lower. Obviously there are still some brands and guitars that are holding their value better, but what this guy says seems about right.
I think this is accurate - so many listings I see on Reverb are so poorly priced, and it takes a long time for some of these sellers to understand that as they incrementally move the price down to an actual saleable point.
2021 Martin HD-28 1935 Sunburst
2022 Martin Special 16
2003 Alvarez AJ-60e
2018 Les Paul Standard
2020 61 SG reissue
2013 Fender Mustang Bass