View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
... I picked up a new Taylor GS Mahogany/Cedar... Something about the way that guitar resonates/vibrates against the human body, I'd never experienced anything like it before. 10 years later, still my "go to" acoustic. (I have three others, 2 are rosewood and spruce)
I had that same experience with a 512ce 12-fret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcowles@comcas View Post
I always thought that mahogany was for those who couldn't afford the rosewood models. A few years back I woke up. When you play one with an adi top you'll find the magic combination that produces THE guitar sound. I have sold all my rosewood Martins and now play an Eastman E10D.
I tried really hard to like Rosewood because of this very thing. I found out I really like Mahogany and I only have one Rosewood/Cedar topped guitar left in the bunch. Every other guitar I have is Mahogany or something close in tone (Koa, Walnut). I love Mahogany! Recently bought a Gibson Keb Mo wth adirondack top and I love it for finger style and strumming. Just perfect!!

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro