View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 11:20 AM

Default Mahogany Madness...

I have been playing Martin rosewood dreads since I bought my first one in 1972. A couple of years ago I bought a D-18 (2011) just before the "Big Change". Then last year, I stumbled onto a 1961 D-18 that had been around the block a few times and then some. It sounded so good that it came home with me. The more I played these two guitars, the more I liked the sound. Now, enter a "new, improved" 2012 model that I got used for a song. Other than the neck, which I have been struggling to get used to, this thing blows me away. I can't seem to play anything else (except to occasionally compare guitars), including my rosewoods. Besides wondering which guitars to sell, I have been getting bad GAS pains for a D-18V with a more hand-filling neck, or maybe even an old D-18S slot-head. I have considered professional help, but that would only cut into my guitar money. For the record, I have so far been able to block Authentics and Golden Eras from my mind for the time being. Should I fight these urges, or just go further down the mahogany rabbit hole?

Last edited by Mr Bojangles; 08-28-2015 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo