View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 10:59 AM

Default Oh yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimeshow22 View Post
I use a few things on my acoustic pedal board reverb chorus delay etc but when im heading out for simple gigs i use a multi effect pedal.....currently a zoom A1Xfour pedal . I like it a lot . It gives you a pedal board within a pedal . For example I can construct a patch that has a comp an eq a chorus and trem and i can assign the foot pedal to control the volume . It lets you toggle thru all your virtual pedals and turn them off and on in real time just like a physical pedal board . It has tons of really usable effects and the guitarlab software lets you swap out and add even more great effects like modulation and even overdrives .....it's really cool ! . While obviously not nearly as good as the different effects it purports to emulate , it does give reasonable facsimiles of fishman , LR Baggs eqs and loads of other famous kinds of compressions and chorus and reverbs and overdrives and also tons of emulations of famous guitar body sounds d18 . j45 ovations etc..... it's pretty dang good for the price . .....it's a swiss army knife that fits into a gig bag ......id love to hear about other peoples rigs that they use for live acoustic work .
The core of my acoustic board is a Zoom MS-50G, the ultimate swiss army knife of effects IMHO. I own two but I'm about to buy an updated version, the 50G+.
Besides saving up to 50 of my own patches (chains of up to 6 effects, depending on DSP used by the fx) I can assign a letter ID to the patches. So for example A might be #23 - acoustic guitar with a nice spring reverb, B might be #2 same acoustic settings (EQ etc) plus a slight chorusing effect via the Detune effect which I love, C might be A plus immersive delay & reverb etc. Has pretty much any effect out there along with OD/distortions and many amp models, all in a single pedal format. It's 2nd to last in the chain, just before my Digitech JamMan XT Solo looper.

1st in chain is a delay/boost, next is a EHX Bass Soul Food for slight overdrive - it allows a mix between clean & OD. Next is a TC Helicon Harmony Singer which is use very sparingly, always set to a 3rd interval above and with the harmony at about 50% volume of my voice. Has good reverb which is easily switchable, so when I'm gigging I can go direct into my powered speakers with no mixer.
Martin D-16GT
Martin 000M
Martin Backpacker
Breedlove Concert Copper E
Breedlove Solo Pro 12 String
Lucero classical A/E
Gretsch G9220 Resonator
Epi Dobro Hounddog
Recording King Parlor
Gold Tone F12 12-String Mando
The Loar LM700VS Mando
'61 Fender Strat