View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eden View Post
Hey guys, I can't decide between these two.. are there any real differences between them that make the Taylor a few hundred bucks more expensive?
I A/B'd these 2 guitars quite a bit last month when I finally decided on a new Breedlove American C25 SME...(1/2 the price of the Taylor).....

I personally don't feel this particular Martin is much of a guitar at $1199....at every store I picked it up, I was really disappointed.......The action was lacking, playability was average & the neck a little big for me.....To top it all off the guitars really sounded rather anemic........

I kept giving these guitars a chance only because it said Martin on the headstock. I finally stopped looking at the Martin GPCPA 4, & simply realized this model is not for me at all......My Breedlove American C25 SME is far superior in every regard and I paid $899 new.........

On the other hand the 314 CE is an incredible guitar.........a great all-purpose guitar.....great action, tone, playability......neck is sweet.......if I didn't get such a great deal on my Breedlove, the Taylor was my choice, but it was way out of my budget..........

My personal opinion is these two guitars are not even close......the Taylor is superior in all aspects.......I'm guessing you probably need to check out the Martin GPCPA 3 to approach the Taylor 314 CE.....

I would definitely spend the extra money, because to these ears and hands it's not even close.............