Thread: Yamaha fg150
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 PM

Default Yamaha FG-150 Red Label

I have a Yamaha FG-150 Red Label that I bought in 1972 (I also have a FG-420-12 that's about a year younger) and at 40 years old I still love it. What is somewhat unique about the FG-150, is that the neck is a little smaller (narrower) than most standard necks which is fantastic and easier to play for those with smaller hands (shorter fingers). That was why I bought it back then. You can also get a nice Setup to lower the Action a bit without any buzz, which also helps in ease of play; particularly if you like to Finger Pick like me. About a year ago, I had a LR Baggs Anthem installed on it (kind of a combination of Saddle Transducer and Internal Mic to balance/enhance the high/low (Treb/Bass) freqs) to electrify it; and, I think its fair to say it competes rather well with Taylors now. Beautiful sound. I use an Acoustic AG60 Amplifier. You can play it either way with great sound: just acoustic or electric acoustic. If you can find one in good shape, since they were made from 1966-1972, I think you will be happy with it.