View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiller1952 View Post
Good points. This guitar was purchased from a brick and mortar store locally and I didn't bother to contact them about the repair as I didn't think it had anything to do with them and the warranty states that it must be returned to the factory anyway. I called the company, they told me to return it and they'd call when it was received. I shipped it in the original factory box with additional shock padding as requested, overnight express with insurance for the retail value. They got it the next morning. The guitar was registered to me and I have the original receipt so there was no question about whether it was covered. When they received it they called immediately and said it waw obvious the guitar was well cared for, the crack was due to a bad glue joint, everything else was within factory specs and they'd fix it and call me for the shipping payment when it was done in approximately 4 to 5 weeks.

I'm sure they get guitars every day that are dried out, scuffed up, dropped, filed down and adjusted out of tolerance, with owners that demand they pay shipping and fix it for free. That's just not the case here. I've never even suggested to them that they pay shipping, nor argued for free services, etc. I just think it's an unfair policy that could/should be changed.
Tom: sorry to hear about your misfortune but would the shipping costs have been avoided if you brought it back to the store you bought it from, and have the store take care of the shipping?

By the way, not all guitar manufacturers make you pay for the return. When I shipped my guitar to Santa Cruz Guitars for a neck reset they paid for the return shipping.