View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
I have been using a Sears Kenmore floor standing humidifier for about a six years. I've never understood the appeal of humidifying the guitar cases. I'd much rather maintain the room at a level that is good for the guitars and comfortable for me and there is less effort involved in adding water to a humidifier every three to seven days than keeping the sponges moist in half a dozen or so guitar cases yet even if I had but one guitar, I'd rather humidify the whole room. Six years ago, I had a house with a central humidifier that used the central air conditioning ducts to humidify the whole house. It was connected to the plumbing system so it automatically drew the water it needed.
Before moving into the place I live now, I thought of a room humidifier. However, during the winter, there are no humidity problems in my abode. Humidity would range between 40 and 46 percent. During the summer, it's up to 55, which I'm fine with, but I'd like to run the AC less. When I turn the AC off, humidity creeps up to 65 percent. Hence the desire for a dehumidifier, which I imagine I'd need for six months out of the year.
Blueridge BR-140A
Ibanez Talman
Harmony Sovereign circa 1970s